Yes you are skinny! Are you sure you are healthy? Wonders are part of everyday life in a person with a body mass index below 20. Many would rather gain a few pounds than listen to comments about their bodies. But how to gain weight healthily?
Many underweight people would like to gain a few pounds. Slim you should gain muscle, not fat. Even a professional, licensed nutritionist Reija Kouki admits that when she meets a very slim person at her reception at the Kuopio Institute of Sports Medicine, she also first experiences anorexia and malabsorption.
- But a person can also be healthy and underweight. Very active forties can move around and play sports a lot. They simply forget to eat enough, Kouki says.
There are no perennials
After eating little and seldom for a long time, the volume of the stomach is reduced and even a small amount of food seems to fill. The stomach normally holds about 1.5 liters. An underweight stomach can only pull a couple of deces. Thus, a slender person comes to the fore with appetizers of already normal weight.
Kouki thinks no one will stay underweight if he eats what hurts and leaves him motionless.
- On the other hand, if you exercise a lot, you can stay lean even by eating a lot. Often active people also believe they eat a lot but really eat little.
Kouki outlines two types of underweight. Some eat and move a lot. In others, the weight stays low by eating sparingly and exercising little.
- If a little mobile eats a lot, the weight will definitely increase.
You can stretch your stomach by gradually increasing your doses. With age, adipose tissue also naturally becomes more. If you get to hear about your leanness until you are tired, you may be overweight after pregnancy and menopause.
Food rhythm in the blood
A cream cure is not recommended by a nutritionist to anyone because adding animal fats raises blood cholesterol. Instead, for forgetting meals, he recommends a clear food rhythm, even if you don’t feel hungry.
- Eating a small meal every three hours may increase weight for those who forget to eat when they are busy.
Even for the overweight, you forget to eat when something is going away, but the hunger then becomes so intense that one who is used to large portions eats the same amount of daily consumption at a time.
- A light worker can eat 2,000 kilocalories a day to stay normal. A small meal means five meals of about 400 calories, Kouki times.
Spoon the oil
To gain a few pounds in a healthy and effective way, eat a couple of extra tablespoons of canola or olive oil daily. Reija Kouki raises rapeseed oil to number one because it also provides the essential fatty acids, linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid.
- Vegetables can be boiled in oil. You can even add oil to the porridge and pour it into the salad dressings a little fairer.
Those who want to gain more weight also eat six pieces of fibrous bread a day. On top of each slice is a fair teaspoon of 60 or 80 percent vegetable fat.
- If you want to add cream to your food, it can be a sip of vegetable fat-based food cream.
With cheeses, you can gain a healthy pound by eating several slices of vegetable fat-based cheese at a time.
- So not by switching to fatty cheese or increasing the amount of light cheese, because they become hard fat, Kouki warns.
- Even in thick slices, vegetable fat cheese is healthier than cream cheese.
A few pounds will also accumulate over time when you drink a glass of fresh juice with meals. Whole juices contain sugar naturally or added, and even fresh juice turns the body into fat if the intake exceeds consumption.
Acidic drinks should not be drunk between meals as they eat tooth enamel.
- Greasing with vegetable fat is the fastest, easiest and healthiest.
Many slim are skinny because the muscles surrounding the bones are small. When there is little adipose tissue, the small muscles also look dry.
An underweight might feel like his muscles aren’t growing no matter how you train.
With a slender muscle, you can gain muscle as well as with a normal weight, if you have enough building blocks for your muscles. In order for muscles to grow, food needs to get more energy than it consumes calories.
- Muscle building carbohydrates and proteins. A handy snack for building muscle is rye bread, topped with fat, a slice of meat and a slice of cheese. In addition, it is good to drink a glass of milk.
Snack bread has a third of protein and two-thirds of carbohydrates. It is worth eating ½–1 hour before exercise. After exercise, there is a rush to eat, as recovery starts faster the sooner you eat after exercise.
- Immediately after exercise, you can eat a banana or a cold sandwich and drink a glass of milk.
During exercise, the body has consumed energy stores, ie there is a catabolic state in the body. When you eat, the energy stored is replenished and protein synthesis takes place in the muscles: they grow.
Instead, if you exercise for a couple of hours without eating, your recovery will slow significantly and muscle growth may also stop.
If the underweight starts to grow their muscles, energy consumption will also increase. So is it worth keeping small muscles?
- It is useless for an underweight person to go to the gym to lift iron if he is not going to eat more than before. Muscle building is only possible by eating more than you consume and exercising your muscles.
When large muscles bulge in a slender stem, they also increase energy expenditure.
- At some point, energy intake and consumption reach a balance, at which point muscle growth also ceases. There are no changes in the print in this mode either. When balance is found, the muscles remain and the essence is stiffer; Reija Kouki says.
This is how muscle grows
- Do gym exercises three times a week. Muscle mass is best increased by short sets made with relatively large weights: 10–12 reps, e.g., 3 sets.
- Eat often rye bread with margarine, cold cuts and cheese. Drink a glass of milk.
- Walk, stick, bike or swim 2–3 times a week for 30–90 minutes at a time, so you also take care of your cardiovascular performance. The loops can be used to make sprains that improve muscle endurance. Ride steep hills by bike, walk or stick stairs and uphills. Exercise on the exercise racks or use a pole or tree branch as a exercise stick.
Gradually increasing the doses will add a few more pounds. Instead of one potato, you can take two potatoes and you should add a lot of oil sauce to the salad.
Read more about weight and inheritance .
Underweight good snacks
- Bread, cheese, cold cuts, vegetable fat spread, tomato, cucumber or salad and milk glass.
- Skimmed yogurt with cereal or muesli and banana or berries.
- Berry or fruit smoothie for milk, curd and low-fat ice cream.
- Berry porridge and milk.